Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Music Saves Lives, Laws Do Not

     Even within the few weeks since I've decided to log onto my blog, many things have changed. I feel refined, like salt between your fingertips. I have a sense of pride and can say that I feel like I've found my place in this world, which quite frankly, is out-of-place. I'm not striving to find the perfect place in the world, and neither should you. If you are yourself, you won't even have to find your place in life, it will find you. If you don't cheat yourself out the back door, your revolving door won't stop.

     "People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates" - Thomas Szasz
   
     Along with many of you all, I have a calling for music with a purpose, that speaks to me, and that gives me a reason to keep my pistons pumping. I had an interesting conversation with a few friends about how music saves lives. I hadn't really thought about it before when I was making fun of the Emos and Goths for listening to Slipknot, Korn, or any other stereotypical heavy metal band. It instantly came to my attention that making fun of "them" won't continue. It's indirectly joking about their existence in life. Everyone has a right to express themselves in their own way. Like how I listen to Third Eye Blind music all the time, because it keeps me moving, and how I write in this blog from time to time. In a way, YOU are keeping me alive. Stay alive, and stay well. Goodnight, my pillow is calling my name.
     
     "Life is full of beauty. Notice it. Notice the bumble bee, the small child, and the smiling faces. Smell the rain, and feel the wind. Live your life to the fullest potential, and fight for your dreams." - Ashley Smith
    
     "Even though we've changed and we're all finding our own place in the world, we all know that when the tears fall or the smile spreads across our face, we'll come to each other because no matter where this crazy world takes us, nothing will ever change so much to the point where we're not all still friends." - Anonymous 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment