Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Bird and the Worm

As the rain keeps many other cooped up in bed, I embrace the grace and beauty of this weather. I feel nocturnal to the weather. As many know, I live in Nebraska and find it fitting to love the rain and bitterness of winter. I still to this day wonder why people in Nebraska hate the cold and rain. You would think that people would adapt and remodel their views of this if it is what you live with every season. Oh, well. It's fine with me, because it just means that I get to enjoy the weather while others suffer. Evil, am I not?

Now bear with me as I introduce a little pet peeve of mine. I feel like talking about this because it came up into context a couple of times this week. It makes me grind my teeth till I have no Enamel left to throw away from aggravation. When people tell me that "They know me" and that they think they have me "All figured out." The reason I am so sensitive on this topic has to do with the fact that, people DON'T know who I am, and they insist that they do. Well sir, if you have me figured out so well, why don't you tell me my social security number? That's what I thought. By seeing someone during school, and talking to them once in a while, that doesn't give you the right to say you know them. I can understand some of my great friends out there that I have known and willingly told about myself and my life, but not an acquaintance that I haven't taken the time to talk about my life to.

Well, enough about my ranting for the day. To make up for my tardiness yesterday, I made this post a bit longer, and I will have a couple more quotes I like for you all tonight. Thank you (:




        Quotes for this fine Thursday:
Leisure times should be an occasion for deep purpose to throb and for ideas to ferment. Where a man allows leisure to slip without some creative use, he has forfeited a bit of happiness. - C. Neil Strait


Millions saw the apple fall, but Newton was the one who asked why. - Bernard M. Baruch


Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King, Jr.


There is no passion to be found playing small, in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living. - Nelson Mandela


Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I will meet you there. - Rumi


The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn. - Alvin Toffler


Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - The Buddha

No comments:

Post a Comment