Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Adam Speaks of Love

Well, well, well. Let's all be perfectly honest. Who, still alive on this earth, believes love lasts forever?

Personally, I do. To me, if you've really found your love, you'll never ever lose that. Sometimes it's best for everyone to let it go. Sometimes it all works out in a beautiful symphony.

Unfortunately, in our culture today, we don't see love. In our sex-filled, cesspool of a society, we see lust. We don't understand fully what it is that love is.

Lust... The unfortunate love look-alike. It confuses the young mind. However, when that bright, unruly flame dies out, so does the illusion of love. That's how it works in most cases. I'm fairly certain I just described at least one of your previous relationships. Doesn't it absolutely just blow up in your face and you feel like something's missing? That's the lust, gone finally. That's all it does, it begins with such a rush that you can't help but feel like that person is the one. When it's done with, you'll feel as if a part is missing. However, start it all back up again with another person, you'll feel renewed and thus the cycle repeats.

Love is something I've contemplated since I was young. Very young. I was maybe seven when I noticed people around me "Loving" each other. Of course even at that time, it's just a silly kind of friend love. I always took to heart the meaning of love as bestowed upon me by the actual relationships of human beings around me.

To everyone, it has a seperate definition. To each human, love is something else. The way it feels, the way to find it. It's all your own. When someone tells me they're in love, (I'm talking about teenagers of course) I count the days until that "love" dies. It doesn't neccesarily die as much as it withers. One of the parties tries to hold on to it, enduring the most of the trauma. What they're really trying to hold on to is the remainder of that lust. That lust which will never be re-kindled to what it once was.

Now, after losing my train of thought, I thought I'd share with you all some of my favorite quotes regarding love: (I went to the trouble of italicizing the parts that are most important to me.)

“Find a guy who calls you beautiful instead of hot, who calls you back when you hang up on him, who will lie under the stars and listen to your heartbeat, or will stay awake just to watch you sleep... wait for the boy who kisses your forehead, who wants to show you off to the world when you are in sweats, who holds your hand in front of his friends, who thinks you're just as pretty without makeup on. One who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares and how lucky his is to have you.... The one who turns to his friends and says, 'that's her.'” ~ Unknown

“I don't pretend to know what love is for everyone, but I can tell you what it is for me; love is knowing all about someone, and still wanting to be with them more than any other person, love is trusting them enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of, love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting weak knees when they walk into a room and smile at you.” ~ Unknown

“If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were.” ~ Unknown

“One of the hardest things in life is having words in your heart that you can't utter.” ~ James Earl

“One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love someone else.” ~ Unknown

“The love that lasts the longest is the love that is never returned.” ~ William Somerset

“Love is not blind; it simply enables one to see things others fail to see.” ~ Unknown

“It is better to lose your pride with someone you love rather than to lose that someone you love with your useless pride.” ~ Unknown

“True Love burns the brightest, But the brightest flames leave the deepest scars.” ~ Unknown

“I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.” ~ Roy Croft

“It hurts to love someone and not be loved in return, but what is the most painful is to love someone and never find the courage to let the person know how you feel.” ~ Unknown


Now, for fear of writing a book on the topic, I'm going to try and limit my ideas expressed in this. Here's my train of thought veering back on track.

When someone has truly found "The One", I believe they will realize it out of the blue. They may have thought differently about this person beforehand, but then they suddenly had a revelation. An epiphany.

Granted, I'd have no way of knowing, seeing as I'm in high school. Just starting out at that. I feel as though I can guess what it would be like to truly love someone. Just watch any movie nowadays and you'll see something along the lines of falling in love somewhere in the movie. I realize that's a generalization, but in most cases, you'd find a love scene.


High school relationships. What are they? Really?

I've spoken to people lately about them. I've experienced discussions of nearly every view. Personally, I believe that the main goal and purpose of any relationship is a sort of test to find the right significant other. I do have a bit to tack on to the end, though. I believe that in high school, there's no need for anyone to fully expect to live the rest of their life out with the other person. I do, however believe that you must treat that person as if you are spending the rest of your lives together. That's the only way to truly determine what it is you want from a person.

I've finally had the time to think this last day or so, and I firmly believe all of this. Not a single person I can imagine can truly expect to find love whenever they date someone. It's all a process to find the right person. Statistics say that one in three marriages end in divorce. (That's the number I remember, anywho.) I think it's about time a new generation of people who care came up from the depths a really thought about what love is. I think it's about time things change from this downhill path.


Let's help the image of american society and culture by getting to know ourselves a little bit better. Then search for your true better half.

No comments:

Post a Comment