Total Pageviews

Monday, April 11, 2011

From Reveille To Taps

From Reveille to Taps, from morning to night, from sunrise to sunset, my day never feels complete. I do believe I have caught an irredeemable disease, or fever if I may. As I lay here under the covers of my bed of roses, so soft and warm to the touch. I feel something gnawing at my skin like a tick dug deep into my skin. I shiver, with only 1 possible reason. Every night that I go to bed lately, I go to bed late. I wake up happy as ever and have no explanation. I believe it is the weather. Spring to be exact. The winter was cold, and my adapting body was to the point where it was not ready for the change. I am like a hibernating bear, when waking up from a long sleep on an empty stomach, and not ready for the changes to come. Rain, wind, and sun. Sun. It hits my skin and makes me tremble from the slight build up of melanin in my skin. Wind. It whips against my skin like a wet towel being wound up, then finally whipped out all at once, bringing slight pain, and in this case, slight relief. Rain. I can't describe my love for rain. It's like a child loves his candy, but in this case, it pours down on me, like a dream from the sky and drenches my body with water. The aftermath is sublime. Whispers from the birds above, and the streets draining my love into the earth below, only to re-awake as something just as beautiful. How can you hate it? So I live for Spring, from Reveille to Taps, day to day, until the days get even warmer, and push my limits.
Sleep is at hand. I'm sure I will wake up shivering, but for now, goodnight and have a great flight on the wing of Spring.

Quote for the evening:
         Everything is blooming most recklessly; if it were voices instead of colors, there would be an unbelievable shrieking into the hear of the night. - Rainer Maria Rilke





No comments:

Post a Comment